Thursday, June 02, 2005

All about me

Still trying to get around to taking pics of hubby's sweater WIP....

I'm trying to get into the Secret Pal 5 (last minute, I know! They stopped taking entries last week, but word is there's still room...keeping fingers crossed). I figured I'd go ahead and post their questions, just in case I get in. Even if I don't, I know you wanted to know all this stuff about me anyways, right?!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Not really. I'm getting away from the acrylics, but I'll still use them for certain projects.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet, have for 15 years. That's how I got into knitting...I got bored with crochet. It was too easy, and I needed a challenge. I don't spin, and I'm really trying to keep from learning anything about it (my to-do list of knitting projects is long enough, thank you!), and I don't need something else to spend money on!!

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Smoke! And some strong, flowery perfumes.

4. How long have you been knitting?
About 4 years (wow, doesn't seem that long!)

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, Amazon. Lots and lots of knitting books on that list!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I'm really picky about scents. Has to be light (like Coconut Bay candle from Yankee, also love their Apple Cider scent)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
OMG, give me chocolate and I'm one happy camper! (not white chocolate, though). And candy, cookies, cakes...sigh. I'm on Weight Watchers, though, so only little bits of this stuff for me!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
None, I'm sticking to knitting exclusively right now.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like the older stuff, mostly pop/rock, some country. I also like classical and new age music.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Favorites are purple and green. Red looks good on me. Hate yellow, pink, most browns.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, one cat.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To stay happily married, hopefully have a family. Keep working in a career I love.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
No favorites yet! I'm using Plymouth Encore worsted right now, and I really like it. I especially like working with yarn that's machine washable, because any FO that has to lay out to dry will have cat hair on it (I swear she has a yarn radar).

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Scratchy wool.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Shawls, definitely!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Shawls, sweaters (especially with lots of cables!)

17. What are you knitting right now?
Sweater for hubby. Waiting on more yarn for another sweater and a clapotis.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Love 'em. Have a pattern picked out for one....I'll make it eventually.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular for everything except socks.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have a Denise set (which is plastic) I use for everything I can. Straight needles I get in aluminum. I've never tried wood.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes, sometimes. I actually made a pair of socks as my first project, because I saw the self-patterning yarn in a catalog and just had to have some for myself.

22. How did you learn to knit?
Books.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About a year. It's a Christmas afghan I started for an auction, but never finished. I promised it would get done this year...we'll see!

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
The kids on South Park are hilarious! Favorite animal is the stingray.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Family, friends, good food, presents....what could be better?

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Knitting books, cookbooks, picture frames.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, Family Circle Easy Knitting, Knitter's.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
They're all on my Amazon list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home