Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Weigh-In Wednesday and Michael Buble

Three pounds lost this week! Woohoo! I'd rather focus on the positive than the fact that I'm back to this weight again after gaining a little over a week ago...

And now for the good stuff....the Michael Buble concert! I brought my camera this time and took close to a hundred pictures (not kidding). His show was incredible, of course. Even hubby really liked it. He started the concert with "I'm Your Man" and ended with "A Song for You", which he even sang the last few lines without a microphone and I bet practically everyone in the theater could still hear him; he can really belt it out! A lady next to me was wiping her eyes afterwards and I could see why, it was really amazing. He thanked his grandpa who was there in the audience, when I went up to the stage towards the end of the show (second row!), his grandpa was about two rows behind where I was standing, and after the concert was over, I said a few words to him as we were leaving. He is obviously very proud of his grandson! Midway through the show Michael announced he had a special guest, which was Chris Isaac. They sang the song "Kansas City" together. Micheal kept imitating Chris' song "Wicked Game", which was funny. Chris was actually sitting a few seats away from us; before the show started security brought in some extra seats and set them up by us. I saw him talking to someone and knew that I knew him but couldn't place him. Once he was called up on stage, I turned to Sir B and said "He was sitting right by us!!" Michael likes to tell the guys in the audience the show is for them, how he "fills the tires" and the guys get to go home and "ride the bike", etc., and decided at one point to be more "manly" for the guys.....by singing "YMCA". Allrighty! He is so much fun to see live, as long as he keeps touring, I'm gonna find a way to keep going to his shows. He seems to truly appreciate the fan love and support.

Here are a ton of photos (sorry dial-up people!):
click on photo for bigger

This was from our seats, pretty close to scale





This one shows his new set pretty well




In this one he was goofing off with one of his trombone players










With Chris Isaac



Video of the end of the song "Kansas City"



Up in the front




He brought out a choir for the song "That's Life"





A great evening!


Edited to add:
I almost forgot! I had a blond moment as we left the house, and left the tickets on the counter at home. Thank goodness we were only a few minutes from the house when I realized it!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Fidel Castro said...

Nice Pictures! Who was Chris Isaak with?

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha!

Thank you Lori! What a thrilling night!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Lori said...

WHO is Chris Isaac with?!?!
*thud*

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Fidel Castro said...

Sorry I don't get it. Oh well. Nice knitting, anyhoo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home