Monday, August 15, 2005

My Stitches haul


Here is some yarn I just couldn't pass up...it was so soft! And on sale, even better!!
(Brooks Farm Yarn-"Primero"-Kid Mohair)


Buttons buttons, who's got the buttons....me! The wooden ones are for hubby's cardigan, the others are for.......don't know yet! Just had to bring them home with me!


Here's a closeup of the kitty button


And a closeup of the little bug people buttons


This is my super fantabulous purchase. If you do a lot of cable work, like I do, you need one of these! It's a cable hook ring by Mary Snyder Designs. They're a bit pricey, but when you use it for the first time, you know it's worth every penny. No more fumbling for the hook, or constantly dropping it on the floor....you just slip it back on the ring. And they're very beautiful--sterling silver with your choice of gemstone (they also come without a stone). Mine is peridot, my birthstone; she also had (at Stitches) Lapis, Opal, and Iolite


Here is a front view of the cable hook ring


All my goodies from Stitches. I picked up four balls of Zephyr-two white, two Aegean (upper right), the Primero (center top), a Waterfall Scarf Kit from Koenig Farms for my SP (upper left), a skein of Fiesta La Boheme in "Madrid" for my SP (lower left)(I am trying my best not to keep this for myself, I love the color, and it has a great feel to it...shoulda got some for myself!), a button for my SP (next to Fiesta yarn), and my buttons and cable hook ring.

I know, it doesn't look like much, and some of it isn't even for me, but it was enough for this year. Hopefully next year I can save up $$ ahead of time, and I won't have Secret Pal then, so I can spend all the money on myself! (sigh, greed takes over when you're at Stitches). I wanted to get more yarn, but like I said, the cable ring wasn't cheap, but I knew if I didn't get it right then, I would talk myself out of ordering it online. I think I found the yarn I want to use for my cable sweater, though. I didn't get any at Stitches, I figured I'd just order it when I'm ready to make it. It's Cascade Quatro; I couldn't decide which color I liked the best, they're all so beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home