Saturday, August 06, 2005

Ah, sisterly love

I got a birthday gift in the mail from my sister Angela yesterday. And all I can say is, she really has a great sense of humor--not the gift, the gift was normal, it was the card. The envelope read: "WARNING** Brad-If you are thinking about opening this, not only can I not guarantee your safety-but I know you wouldn't want the gift-it has nothing to do with tools or manly things!" The card: "So you're another year older. Hey, look on the bright side." Inside: "Okay, there is no bright side, there's a bright light, but you're gonna want to stay away from that." Written inside: "HAHAHAHA! Well I thought it was funny-and you know what I realized also? Is that you could buy a card for me making fun of my age-but really-deep down-you would be making fun of yourself too. Lori-you will always be older than me (and blonde, it's something else for me to fall back on) so the jokes will more than likely never stop. Don't cry, it's your birthday! Angela"
What a comedian! At least my husband doesn't get left out, right?! He knew he was in for it, though, at our wedding. My sisters, giddy because they were together again (Angela lives in Arizona, Amy lives in West Chicago; oh yeah, and they're twins), teased poor Brad all during our portraits...calling him "fresh meat" and other silly things.
....but I'll get her back--I get to tease her about my gift actually getting to me before my birthday. She is forever sending gifts late, and the kicker is she works for the post office!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home