Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hoarding

As much as I love to knit, sometimes I go through a spell where all I want to do is find project after project I want to make, even buy the yarn for them, but not actually get much knitting done. I started a sock last week and just ripped it out the other day (it was too big). I haven't made socks in awhile, and I really want a project in my arsenal that I don't need a pattern for, just find some yarn, get out the needles and knit. So I'm learning from the master, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, and her "Original Sock Recipe" in her book Knitting Rules. I have high hopes, plus I haven't bought yarn in a very long time, so I got enough for three pairs of socks...two pair of "regular" socks, and one pair of fair isle socks I saw in the Patternworks catalog. Now I'm thinking of ordering yarn to make a Lady Eleanor stole (which I started making once, but didn't like the yarn color I was using) because a woman at my knitting group is making one and I still really want to make it. Plus I should be getting back the yarn a friend is hand dyeing for (more) socks in a few weeks. I still have to start the cardigan for my husband (have the yarn), and I started the mittens but haven't gotten past the cuff because I'm bored with the idea of making mittens right now.

Can anyone say knitting ADD?
:)

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

I think that seems to be a Spring thing with us knitters, because I and a lot of other bloggers I read are doing the same thing, lol! I almost never start more than one project at a time, but right now I must have at least 7 on the needles - sheesh!

Good luck with your socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home