Monday, July 11, 2005

Hmmmm....

You know, I'm not so thrilled with the secret pal program. Maybe it's just cuz it's my first time. I dunno. But I don't like that:
I was paired with someone overseas, which shipping one package to her cost 40 bucks! The good thing about the pairing is that I get to learn a bit about a different country, especially since she's in London, not far from where the bombings took place...so I kind of get an "insider's viewpoint" of what's going on there right now. I try to email her on a semi-regular basis, since I can't afford to shower her with lots of gifties.
And my secret pal seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I got two or three emails and one package about a month ago....and haven't heard from them again. Sigh. That's kind of a bummer.
Anyone else doing the secret pal program that's reading this? How's it going for you? If it's your first time, would you do it again? And if you've done it before, does it get better the more you participate in it?

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so relieved to see I'm not the only one! My secret pal is in Singapore, so I feel your pain with the shipping. And the person who is supposed to send me stuff has left two comments on my blog, and that's it! No packages, no cards, nothing. I'm extremely disappointed, too, and I doubt I'll sign up again. Maybe the two of should be "not so secret" pals for each other :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home