Monday, July 11, 2005

Weekend getaway

Wow, what a fun weekend! It's always nice to get away, isn't it?
We went to the Geneva Greyhounds dog track on Friday night for the fish fry buffet and some gamblin'. Then Saturday we went to the Bristol Renaissance Faire and met my pal Kristy and her boytoy Justin there. I got a henna tattoo (I really want a permanent tattoo, but as of right now I'm too chicken, so I'm living vicariously through henna tattoos). Kristy and I rode an elephant; here is the conversation leading up to said event between husband and wife:

Brad: Why don't you take a ride on the elephant?
Me: I rode one when I was like 6 at the circus. Once a lifetime is enough.
Brad: C'mon, please?
Me: You just want to take pictures of me to show to everyone.
Brad: Yeah, so? Plus I need a new screensaver.
Me: Sigh. I'll only do it if you pay for it.
Brad: Here you go. Now gimme the camera.

We ate gobs of good food, and I even found a glass place that had knitting needles with handmade glass toppers on them, so I snagged a set. Then we had to hurry back to the hotel so I could get a massage (I felt a bit guilty being the one to cut the afternoon short, but it was for a massage, c'mon folks!) which was wonderful. Then we went to dinner at the hotel restaurant for a prime rib buffet, which was good, but the service there was terrible! *Cough*Interlaken Resort*cough*. We had two, count 'em, two bottles of champagne, then I (blacked out) til 10am the next morning. Then we packed up and headed home.
Hope you enjoy the pictures, and had a fantastic weekend yourselves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home