Monday, October 24, 2005

Quiet on the home front

Boy have I been bo-ring lately! No knitting, just cleaning and working....but I'm getting my hair done tomorrow, which means a little over an hour of knitting time. I think I'm going to work on Clapotis and try to get it done (or very close to). Then I have to get hubby's sweater done before I start Creatures of the Reef. Promise.

Hubby and I are coming up on our one-year wedding anniversary (November 7). He has been asking me what I want as a gift, because as I mentioned around birthday time, he has absolutely no clue what my taste in anything is. So I have to tell him what to buy me, ruining my surprise factor but insuring I won't want to return/exchange the gift. Meanwhile, he is too easy to buy for, and his gift is not an "anniversary" gift per se, but it's something he wants, and I think (hope) that's all that matters.

I made halloween cutout cookies for hubby to take to work tomorrow. I loooove to bake. I also got started on my Christmas cookie doughs, freezing two batches of cutout cookie dough and three batches of Kolacky dough. I still need to make two batches of banana cookie dough, one batch of raspberry-frosted candy cane cookie dough (another cutout cookie), one batch of lime crescents, and one batch of chocolate cherry pinwheel dough. Then in early December I will make praline wafers, lots of fudge (in cookie cutters to give as gifts), spiced pecans, cashew corn crunch clusters (try to say that three times fast), and raspberry truffles. Too much?? :)

My friend Jenny tells me she's due in less than four weeks! Yay Jenny! I want to make something to send to her, and I have a question....are Ugg boots unisex? I've seen lots of bloggers making the Ugg baby booties and they're really cute, but Jenny's having a boy and I don't want to show my Ignorance of Ugg. I have two other "items" I'm going to make (I'm not tellin' because she reads my blog!), so if Uggs are for girls only, no biggie--but I need to know!! I'm planning to get the yarn Wednesday when The Girls (my Mom, Grandma, and I) go to Long Grove for shopping--yarn store: I'd Rather Be Knitting!, other must-have: apple cider doughnuts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home