Sunday, January 28, 2007

Tears to laughter

Last night I stayed up late to finish a book I got from my sister Angela at Christmas, called Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. I am a huge fan of Koontz, but haven't read anything by him in a long time, so when I started this, I couldn't put it down (I started the book Friday night!). Sadly, the ending made me think of my Mom, and by the time I had washed my face and brushed my teeth, I was crying. I went to the living room and sat with Sir B for a while, letting him comfort me, when I heard a noise. When I had gone into the bathroom earlier, I had brought with my mala and two books, setting them on the counter. Lexie had jumped on the counter and knocked my mala off, and when I got up and went around the couch to see what was going on, she was stopped mid-step with the tassel of the mala hanging out of her mouth like a dead mouse, trying to drag the thing into another room. I couldn't help it...I started laughing. How she knew I had left the mala up on that counter is beyond me, she was in the kitchen at the time.

I chalk this one up to my Mom not wanting me to be sad, and giving me the laugh I needed. Thanks Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home