Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Allergy woes

What a shitty day. I woke up with a stiff neck, so after my shower I put some IcyHot on it. Well, right away it started to burn, but I figured it was just working faster because my pores were open, so I dried my hair. After I finished drying my hair, my back itched like crazy and was all red, so I took a washcloth and had Sir B rub it on my upper back and neck. When I got back in the bathroom, the area was all swollen like a big blister so I got back in the shower and cleaned it off with soap and cool water, then took a Benadryl. It's all better now, but I really need to go in for allergy testing, no?

We had a consult with the surgeon today for Sir B's gallbladder surgery, and it's scheduled for Monday the 26th at 11:15am. As long as they can do it laprascopically, it'll be an outpatient procedure (!), and he'll have to stay home for a few weeks to heal. The surgeon said what's happening is the valve that lets bile into the intestines isn't opening fully, so his bile output is only 25% (about half of normal), which is causing the spasms in his abdomen and nausea.

I finished the cardigan on Sunday, but have no photos yet. I also finished the last quilt top and have the batting cut and the flannel backing in the wash, although I realized I only bought enough backing material for two quilts, oops! Eh, it gives me an excuse to go to Rockford again, because I tapped out this Joann Fabrics on the flannel I liked.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Gosh! I've never heard of anyone being allergic to IcyHot, before. I'll be praying for Sir B, too. I hope everything goes very smoothly. Can't wait to see the finished sweater!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home