Monday, February 12, 2007

Quilts and a sweater

I started laying out the quilts this weekend!
This will be Amy's:


This is the first "draft" of Angela's (I'm going to redo it):


This will be mine:


This is a closeup of one of the squares that has embroidery on it. Isn't it cute? My Mom really liked Tweety, and she had one shirt with Tweetys embroidered on it. I was able to get it cut so each quilt will have one.


I didn't get my Dad's quilt laid out yet, plus, as above, I need to redo my sister Angela's because I have an extra square I know should be in hers.

Also, there has been much progress on the cardigan. One sleeve is finito, and I'm 1/3 of the way through the second sleeve:

Doesn't it look sooooo warm?! Hopefully it'll be done this week, and with the way the weather's going, it'll get lots of use!!

Edited to add:
Here is my Dad's quilt:


And the redo of Angela's:

She liked the pink flannel shirt of Mom's best, so I went back and added more of those squares.

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Wow! Those look so comfy and warm! Great idea! Did you buy the fabric specially for the quilt, or have you just had it lying around?

I like the cardigan, too. You've made some real progress.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

Hi Lori,

I wanted to ask if you could please fix the link that your Knitting Blogs button points to. The new homepage is http://knittingring.blogspot.com/.

Thanks!

Nancy
co-list mom
Knitting Blogs Webring

 

Post a Comment

<< Home