Friday, February 16, 2007

Almost done!

Well, I only have the bind-off row for the buttonband on the cardigan left to go (plus washing/blocking/sewing side seams)! This should be ready to show off at Stitch-In on Tuesday. I had to run to Rockford this morning for more yarn, of course I ran out with that little left to finish, but I found some really neat buttons made from quarters....plus I stopped at Barnes and Noble for some Godiva chocolates, yum!

I also have two of the quilt tops sewn together, two to go, which will be worked on tomorrow. I plan on getting the rest of the supplies (batting and backing flannel) this weekend and start quilting them next weekend, taking over my Dad's kitchen table since mine is too small. These quilts are going to be so great...they're about 50x60, and with flannel on the backs will be so nice and warm, perfect to cuddle up with on the couch! I'm really excited to get them finished and gifted to everyone; Dad said he *loved* his from the picture, and I know my sisters will just flip over theirs.

Sir B has to have surgery to have his gallbladder taken out. He goes for a consultation with the surgeon next Tuesday (the same surgeon that took out my Grandma's appendix!). Thank goodness for short-term disability, since he'll probably be recouping for a month. He was supposed to be starting a new job on the 5th (same company, different department and shift), which will get pushed back until he recovers.

More photos coming soon!

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

My goodness! I hope he has a swift recovery, and the surgery goes well. Great work on the sweater, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home