Monday, April 16, 2007

Progress photos

Here is the start of the Mediterranean Lace Shawl. This is at row 111:

It looks kind of blue in this photo (to me), but it's a pretty mint green. I started this about six times because I didn't like the look of the right side...it was very loopy compared to the left. I asked Melissa about it (the lace queen!) and she said she had the same problem, so I decided to experiment. I started twisting the second knit stitch on the right and trying to make the left side a little looser, and it looks much better!

And the Moon and Stars blanket:

I just noticed a few days ago that I did the yellow border wrong (sigh), so I need to frog it and redo from the blanket down. It isn't supposed to be a regular ribbed edge, it's a row of rib then a purl row (big difference!).

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Wow, those are some seriously beautiful things! I love the shawl, too. I've just gotten hooked on lace knitting, and now I'm obsessed. Have fun knitting in this fine weather!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home