Monday, October 22, 2007

My swatch lied to me...

...so now I rip. I finished the back of my cardi in record time, then decided to wash & block it to see if there were any "surprises". It blocked to 30"x35"!! Now I am not a slight woman, but 12" of ease on a sweater seems a bit much, and 35" of length on a 5'3" frame is just wasting good yarn. I re-did a gauge swatch and WASHED it this time. This swatch is telling me to go down two needle sizes from my previous attempt, plus I think I'm going to knock 10 rows off the length. Eh, it's all about the process.

I decided if I don't cave and buy them for myself, I'm going to ask Santa for a set of Options needles for Christmas. After using my Addi Turbos so much lately, my Denise needles are an absolute bear to use; the cables are too inflexible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home