Saturday, October 20, 2007

S-t-r-e-s-s

Yesterday I went with Sir B as he had yet another kidney stone removed (he seems to get about one a year). I know it's a simple procedure, but they have to put him to sleep for it, and that really unsettles me. Plus being with him in a hospital reminds me of when my Mom died. I feel bad for him because I think he'd be a lot more calm before the surgery if I wasn't such a wreck. He kept telling me to start working on my knitting, which I finally did and it really calmed me down. Thank goodness for mindless stockinette stitch knitting! I don't think I could've concentrated on an involved pattern for anything.

The surgery went swimmingly, the only thing being Sir B waking up "a bit" disoriented (that's what the doctor said, followed by, "He's a big guy and hard to hold down". Later Sir B remembered he woke up punching at people. Good thing he didn't clock anyone!)

I'm halfway done with the back of the sweater....although I may have to shorten it as I fear it may be way too long for me, but I don't want to frog it so I'll just adjust this piece when I'm done and compensate for the changes when I do the front pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home