Monday, April 28, 2008

Phoebe and Mercedes Socks

My friend C had two Devon Rex cats, Phoebe and Mercedes. Last year she had to put Mercedes to sleep because she had many many health problems that hit her all at once--a result of severe in-breeding. Before C even got her, Mercedes had to have one of her eyes removed because of an infection. C loved that cat and was absolutely crushed when she had to put her to sleep. When I saw the pattern for the Cat's Face Lace Socks from JenLa's website, I knew I had to make them, and how cute they would be with one minor modification....

Here are the socks with a photo of the cats (I made the "cat couch" in the photo!):


One sock is the exact pattern for Phoebe:


And the other sock has one-eyed cats for Mercedes:


A lady at Stitch-In dyed the yarn for me (thanks Heather!), which is KnitPicks superwash wool. I gifted them to my friend C today, which by an incredible coincidence, is what would've been Mercedes' birthday!

P.S. Phoebe is still alive and well, and has a little sister, Pandora.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger twins2005 said...

Those are absolutely adorable! Where on earth did you find the pattern? Would love to try them.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

That is a really awesome pattern, and how sweet of you to do that for your friend! I love the one-eyed cat sock - that's too funny!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger AuntyM said...

I'm hoping you can help me. I had bookmarked this pattern for the Cat's Face Lace Socks and when I went to retrieve the pattern today, the website is no longer!
Is there any way you can share the pattern with me?
Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home