Tuesday, July 15, 2008

One bad book

So, a few months ago I was reading Pink is the New Blog, and in a post he mentions a book that is his absolute favorite book. The best horror book he's ever read. Well, that piqued my interest, as I am a huge Stephen King and Dean Koontz fan, so I went to Amazon and ordered House of Leaves to see what all the fuss was about.

I wish I knew.

It took me forever to get through half of the book (and I'm a fast reader), and I finally just gave up. The main story about the "haunted" house was awesome, but the little side-stories and useless information in the margins and footers were a complete waste of time. I kept reading, hoping it would get better, but it didn't.

I would be interested to know how many people that read PITNB rushed out and bought this book, and how many of them liked it.

That's all. Just wanted to vent!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home