Sunday, July 13, 2008

This n that #302856930

Taffy's been having a rough day.
First this......


Then this....


My Black Thumb of Death seems to be hibernating this summer, as I have beautiful flowers to show!


and some really gross beetles:


My hydrangea has a bloom! It didn't flower AT ALL last year, so this is a real victory.


We have grapes:


I don't know what this is on the grapevine, but the ants sure think it's tasty:


And progress photos! I have the first part of the Bohus body done (up to the underarms), and started on the first sleeve last night. For some reason, Lexi had to test the comfort of both knitting projects:


Here it is cat-less:

I didn't think I'd get to the sleeves yet. I was going to use 2 circs and do the sleeves at the same time, but I wasn't feeling the love. But I didn't have any size 7 DPNs, and our LYS went out of business last year, so I thought I was screwed....I wasn't going to Rockford just for knitting needles, and every time I place a Knit Picks order (which I did a few days ago), I swear I need something else the next day! Grrr. Hubby and I went out for dinner and a movie last night, and the restaurant is by a Joann Fabrics. Duh! Joann's! I ran in, and sure enough, they had them. Huzzah!

And my Lady Eleanor. Next time I'll take the photo on a different surface, I know it's hard to see:




And at Cub Foods today, I found some chocolates I just HAD to try. They are Starbucks Truffles with Chai filling! OMG, they're soooo good!


I almost forgot! I took my Nutrition final on Thursday, so I am officially off of school until August 18th. I think I did well on the final, but I won't get my grade until the end of the month, when the regular summer session ends.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

ACK, did you have to show the picture of the truffles, lol? Now I'm going to be craving them!

Nice job on the knitting, and I know what you mean about ordering from Knit Picks. I just did that same thing myself last week!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Haha! I figured you'd drool over the chocolates

 

Post a Comment

<< Home