Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Phew!

I had a mini heart attack when Snow announced the Dale Baby Book #110 (with the adorable Moon and Stars set) was out of print. I searched every site that came up on Blingo, and found a site that had TWO copies left. My credit card was whipped out of my purse so fast it would've gotten whiplash...if it had a neck. And I got an email today that it has been shipped!
I was thinking that might be a good project to make during the RAI, because after I make it I'm just going to pack it away. Hmmmmmm

If I end up sounding crankier than usual, it's because I'm overhauling my diet. Weight Watchers just isn't doing anything for me (mainly because I'm not following it, but that's beside the point), and I found the book You, The Owner's Manual, which is changing the way I think about food. Really. There was a one-hour special on Discovery Health Channel of the same name, which you should definitely check out when they broadcast it again. In a world where the outside package is everything, and people diet to lose weight (look better), this program showed what happens on the INSIDE when you don't take care of yourself. Seeing this just made it all click with me. Plus, I'm finding things out in the "Living Well" book I didn't know, like Aspartame (NutraSweet) poisoning can be misdiagnosed as Graves Disease. And I drink a LOT of product with NutraSweet in it...well, used to. I quit cold-turkey last night after reading that, which is going to be hell for me, but blood tests at my next doctor's visit on the 22nd may let me know if that may be the culprit (if my levels change dramatically), which would be a relief and a shock. I don't want to get the RAI if I don't have to of course, so as hard as it's going to be, I need to cut NutraSweet out of my diet altogether and know for sure before I agree to that procedure.

Well, I better get my butt in gear and get to the grocery store so I can come home and spend the rest of the afternoon knitting. I'm going to try to get most/all of Taz's sweater done today, and maybe start on Mom's legwarmers.

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about getting that book too. It looks very interesting. I'm still on the nutrasweet though...I know it's bad, but I haven't been able to kick it.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Tell me about it! Every time we go out to eat, I have to try reaalllllyyy hard to NOT ask for a diet soda :(
But at home it's easy, I've got some Diet Rite and 7UP Plus, both have Splenda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home