Monday, January 09, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
No. As you can see from my recent entries I still use Red Heart quite a bit still

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin (yet), and I used to crochet

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a holder for my straight needles, otherwise I use my Denise set

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about six years. I would consider myself an intermediate

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Sure do

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I absolutely love the "Warm Vanilla Sugar" scented products from Bath & Body Works

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Unfortunately, yes....anything chocolate. But I just started Weight Watchers, so don't send me something too tempting I shouldn't have (because I'll eat it anyways, I know me)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Nothing really. Knitting takes up most of my free time

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like pop, oldies, some country, new age, and classical. I have an IPod/ITunes if you want to send music that way

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like purple, blue, green, red, and orange. The warmer colors look better on me I've been told

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married and have one cat

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, no, sometimes (but would love to start making them!), no

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love Koigu. Lovelovelove it!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Scratchy wool, anything heavier than worsted weight

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Shawls, sweaters

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Shawls

17. What are you knitting right now?
A hat for my husband
A dog sweater
A shawl

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular. I mostly use Denise, but just discovered the wonderfulness that is Addi

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Not a fan of bamboo...I knit too tightly and fight the stitches easy enough on plastic and aluminum, although the aluminums are the easiest for me to use so far

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes and yes. Can't live without 'em!

22. How did you learn to knit?
Self-taught

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Ummmm, two years

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Butters from South Park; stingrays

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Picture frames and cookbooks

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits, Knitter's, Vogue Knitting. Just cancelled FCEK when they changed to KnitSimple

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Any knitting books that are on my Amazon list. I would really like a book on mittens with a yarn sampler from KnitPicks. Would also like stitchmarkers from here...I like the Blue (ceramic) Dolphins and the fimo assortment

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Fair Isle

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have made socks before, and probably will again (so I guess that would be yes). I wear a size 8 1/2 shoe (9 1/4" long)

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
August 8th

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Shelby said...

Thanks for posting your SP7 questionnaire! I hope you have fun spoiling your pal and being spoiled too!

Shelby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home