Saturday, January 07, 2006

Ow

Last night, somehow, I bruised my right hand. On the palm. ??? The color is going away, but it still hurts like hell, and I can't close my hand all the way into a fist...so I had to cancel all my appointments today (four clients, three hours' worth of $$. Double ow). Now I have a free day, and I can't even freaking knit! I am so psyched to get knitting again, too.

Instead, I will be playing with my Palm (not the one mentioned above, but my Palm Pilot). The book Brad gave me for Christmas is so great! I've already learned so much about the applications, and am getting ready to start installing more programs. I found a knitting program that is very cool, called KnitAble. Another program I'm looking at is Weight Watchers On-The-Go, which will allow me to keep track of my points as well as look up points values of food when I'm out and about without needing to carry the books everywhere with me.

Yes, I'm on the Weight Watchers program again. I really need to lose weight (and I have been losing some weight from my GD--7 pounds in the past three months--which is a bonus until my meds kick in fully), and this is as good a time as any to start. It's kind of scary to put the actual poundage amount in black and white, but.....70 pounds. That's the amount (give or take a few) I need to lose. I'm going to keep y'all up to date on my progress, because it'll make me more accountable. In other words, help! Just a small note of encouragement here or there will really help me. Thanks in advance.

And the last bit of news to share...my Mom's in the hospital. Yesterday morning she was jaundice and fatigued, so she went to the emergency room. They called her doctors in Peoria (she's part of a test study of a new drug for her ITP), and they had her sent by ambulance down there (3 hours' away) last night. They want to treat her themselves, which I think is good. The problem, it seems, is the medication is boosting her platelet levels, almost up to normal levels, but decreasing her red blood cell count. So her body isn't getting enough oxygen. Hopefully the doctors will be able to get her RBC count up to normal without compromising the improvement with her platelets.

2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

I totally understand the battle with weight. I KNOW you can do it! Keep at it!

I hope your hand feels better soon. I also understand that pain too. I bruise easily. Hope your mom gets better asap too.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, a bruised palm. That sounds very uncomfortable. Hope you're feeling better soon. Hope your mom is feeling better, as well.

About the Weight Watchers...good luck! You can do it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home