Thursday, December 08, 2005

This put a smile on my face

If you need a pick-me-up, bookmark this site. I was in such a crabby mood last night, but this had me laughing until I closed the page!!

Yay, photos!!

This is the kind of sweater I'm thinking of making with this yarn. Cute, huh?


Our Christmas tree, finally decorated. There's even a few presents under there!
Last year after the holidays my Mom gave me a bunch of ornaments she didn't want anymore (thanks Mom!) since our tree was practically bare and she had enough ornaments to cover three huge trees. Now I love our pretty tree, and the ornaments bring back so many memories. The ones *I* had bought over the past two years commemorate our new home, our wedding, our little furball, and places we've been to. Some of the "new" ornaments this year are ones my great-grandma had made 20+ years ago, old Hallmark ornaments, and just a bunch I remember putting on the tree year after year at home. Dontcha just love that kind of hand-me-down stuff, that brings you back to your childhood, especially at Christmas? That was always the best time of year for me as a kid. Waiting for Santa to deliver lots of presents (my parents spoiled us rotten at Christmas), and getting together with all our relatives.
You might notice there's no angel on top of the tree. Our tree slowly spins, and it's a bit crooked, so the angel just accentuated the crookedness. Plus it seemed every time I looked up at her, I was lookin' at her backside. Maybe I'll get a star for next year....


...and a cute kitty picture to finish up the post. How that is a good sleeping position, I'll never know...

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

your ornaments are so meaningful...when i finally start a family, that's the way i want my ornaments to be too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home