Sunday, January 22, 2006

Picture this

Setting: I am sitting on the couch, watching the 8th season of Friends on DVD and working on Creatures of the Reef shawl. As I knit, I hear this kind, Grandmotherly voice in my head....

G: That's lovely, dear. What are you making?
Me: *proudly* a shawl
G: Wonderful! And how far along are you?
Me: Twenty-three rows
G: Oh my! That must have taken you a long time
Me: Why, yes it did...
G: That's too bad, because it looks like you're going to have to rip it all out and start over.
Me: What? No
G: Yes, I'm afraid so. You see, you have twenty-four repeats of the pattern, dear. And you're only supposed to have twenty-three.
Me: No, it can't be.

*scream*

Fifteen minutes later, and I have a freshly-wound ball of Zephyr and a bottle of wine.
I think I'll drink it straight out of the bottle.

Note to Secret Pal: enclose two bottles of alcohol for every skein of yarn you send me. Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no, not the frog pond!!! Don't you just hate visiting that place? I hope you cast on and start again, because I'm just dying to see that shawl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home