Saturday, November 18, 2006

Medifast Diary-Week One

I cannot freakin' believe it...I lost 10 pounds my first week! I will probably consider killing for fast food for about another week, but I made it through week one. Phew! BTW, I added a ticker at the bottom of the page to show my current weight loss. This weekend I'm going to buy myself a present for doing such a good job..... :)

Taffy is doing much better. Since yesterday she's shown some interest in food, and is eating by herself. This morning she even mewed while I was getting it ready, like she was saying !hurry up!

Wednesday my friends Becky and Linda went to Madison with me to Lakeside Fibers. I was hoping to get some more Dale Baby Ull to start the Star and Moon blankie, but they only had one of the colors I needed. Gah. But then I happened on their wall o' Cascade 220, and I found the perfect heathered shade for my Pewter Coat, so I bought all they had (8 skeins), and still had to order two from WEBS (and now that I think about it, I'll probably need one more). Then we went to The Sow's Ear in Verona where I found two more colors of the Dale Baby Ull I needed (had to order the last color plus needles from WEBS, what a wonderful thing the internet can be!). I spent over $100 on yarn.....it was a good day.

I don't know when I'm going to start the baby blankie because I've started two sweaters (yes, two. I'm nuts). The Pewter coat for li'l old me, and Jack's Aran Cardigan from Men in Knits for Sir B. His is made in a chunky yarn (I'm using Encore Chunky in Stone from Patternworks), so I need to have something to switch to and take a break from that big ol yarn. I've found I much prefer finer-gauge knitting, altho I'm just switching from chunky to worsted-weight.

Yesterday I gifted the Rabbit Baby Set, and she just. loved. it. Here is a photo of the finished pieces:


(click for larger image)

I also included a white teddy bear for her to display the outfit on after the baby outgrows it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home