Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stitches Midwest

So yesterday was Stitches Midwest day for Becky and I (she's new to Ravelry btw, her Rav name is "Moonmaven"). We left at 9am and arrived in Schaumburg at 10:30, got a fairly good parking space, and were pleasantly surprised we didn't have to hike a mile to the market. The market was awesome, as usual. I got to meet some Ravelers. I bought too much yarn. It's once a year....so I live a little.

Here is some Duet yarn from Brooks Farm Yarns. It's 50/50 kid-fine wool, soft and squishy, the most beautiful combination of blue, green, and purple ever! Also in the backround is my Rav button and a "Swatch Me" button:



Next is some Merino Twine from my Rav friend Dianne at Creatively Dyed Yarns. Aren't the colors fun?:



Couldn't resist the chance to try some Socks that Rock yarn (color is Love-in-Idleness) from Marengo, IL shop The Fold:


And after all that blueness, I switched gears and bought some red/orange/yellow laceweight (color is Toucan Sam) from Maple Creek Farms:


And some patterns...3 sweaters and one shawl:


I also got some Soak, and this adorable hand-thrown mug with yarn and sheeps on it:




Becky did some good shoppin' too, she got a sweater kit and a kit for a qiviut scarf. I'm so jealous she got some qiviut!
Good thing this is only once a year...but now I have to wait a whole year to have this much yarny fun again!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Oh my gosh...we must have arrived at almost the same time. Sorry I missed you. Looks like you had a great time. :-)

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your blog on ravelry. I went to stitches west this past year and it was so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home