Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bohus is done!

Now that we finally have our internet fixed, I can show you my Bountiful Bohus...

Here she is right before steeking:


Close-up of fair isle:


And modeled by yours truly:



Pattern: Bountiful Bohus from More Big Girl Knits
Size: 56" chest
Yarn: Cascade 220 in purple (6 skeins), grey and white (1 skein each)
Needles: KnitPicks Options size 5 and 7
Notes: This sweater turned out so well. I love how it fits...except for the neckline. I think that is too wide; I'd like it to be more snug around my neck. I only cast on 110 (100?) stitches for the arms to reduce the bell sleeves a bit, and of course shortened the sleeves because I'm not a chimpanzee.

Last Monday, we had a horrible storm come through our area. Our only damage was this tree branch, which fell off the neighbor's tree:



It actually fell on the bricks, but only one brick broke; my hydrangea was a little bruised, but is being quite the trooper.
We also lost power for 23 hours, and didn't get our internet back until Comcast came out yesterday and fixed it.

Sir B got me a Wii Fit for my birthday, and man that thing is fun! I never got into gaming systems too much...there were always too many button combinations to remember. But the Wii, using motion, is so much easier and more fun. The Wii Fit has yoga, strength training, aerobics, and balance games. My favorites are the skiing games and the hula hoop.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Congrats on the FABULOUS Bohus and the new wii fit. Kudos to you cause I suck at the hula hoop. :-) I'm nuts for the step classes and the boxing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home