Friday, July 15, 2005

TGIF!

Happy Friday, all! Not that it's anything special for me, since I usually work on Saturdays and the rest of the weekend then goes by in a blur. Let's see.....this weekend we're going to Rockford to buy drywall. And I get to paint the shutters and front door. Fun! I just know y'all are lining up to help. I was hoping to take pictures of the demolition-in-progress, but I haven't. No excuses. Just...haven't.
I did use my new swift the other day to wind up some of my Flash yarn. I think I drooled a little when I was using it. That is absolutely the best $$ I have spent in quite a while. Anyone that is waiting to buy a swift...don't. Stalk Joann.com until they have a 40 or 50% off online coupon, then get a swift! It's not one of those have-to-sand-and-finish wood swifts, you just pull it out of the box and use it. Fantastic. Plus I got the body of hubby's cardigan done (it's a little big, which is worrying me; but better a little big than too small).
I'm also starting to *hint* at what I'd like for my birthday (August 8th), which basically means telling my husband, "I really really want this", and handing him a piece of paper, or sending him an email link. This year, it's the Creatures of the Reef shawl kit. And any of the multitude of knitting books on my Amazon.com list. Or an IPod. Or a PDA, so I can get rid of my big, clunky appointment book. Or $$ to spend at Stitches Midwest (which is only 4 days after my birthday). I hope he's reading this! He doesn't understand me sometimes, especially about birthdays. To me, birthdays should be celebrated. Cake, gifts, maybe go out to dinner, whatever. When we first met, I found out his birthday was a few weeks before and he didn't do anything. So I offered to make him a cake. He thought I was weird, but nice. So he learned pretty quick about The Importance of Birthdays. I can't believe I'll be 31 this year. Yikes. And you know what my secret birthday wish is? The one I haven't told anyone in my family because, well, it's not something you can just drop in the middle of a conversation? My secret birtday wish is, just once, I'd like to have a surprise party. I've never had one. I might not like it. Hate it, even. But I'd like to say I've had one.
Oh, by the way......only 28 more days until Stitches Midwest!!! I have goosebumps! I already have the first draft of my "To Buy At Stitches Midwest" list done, and of course it's saved in MS Word so I can go in and update to my heart's content. What I'm sooo looking forward to is meeting some of the wonderful ladies from the Knitter's Review Forum. Fun fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home