Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Pictures!!


Here she is! Isn't she beautiful?! This is the first time I worked with laceweight, and the finished product is light as a feather. The center seam isn't laid out straight, but if you look on either side, those lines are straight bay-bee! I used my noggin before I blocked, and set it out on a striped sheet (I don't have a blocking board yet *sniff*) which was a great idea, if I do say so myself!


Closer view of pattern


And I went to Joann Fabrics yesterday *sigh*, only intending to get some T-Pins, and look what followed me home.... an Ott Lite (which I desperately needed, and this is the cheapest one available plus it was ON SALE--$20 off), and a no-sew fleece blanket for my office. I think I'll sew the top edge so clients don't have fringe in their faces; plus I've always wanted to make one of these. A friend of mine (hi Sue!) made me one for Christmas a few years back, and hubby and I both LOVE it, but it's in Christmas colors, so I can't put it out all year long.... Oh yeah, that was on sale, too!

And if you haven't done so yet, stop by Vicki's blog and say a prayer for her brother, who was in a terrible car accident yesterday. She did post an update today, and he's doing better, thank goodness.

3 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Love the shawl! I want to knit more lace but I can't stand lace blocking. Smart idea with the sheet though. Even if you had a blocking board, the shawl might not have fit. Mine didn't..

I've been wishing for an OTT light too...For my S.A.D. (And knitting) Eventually I'll have one.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

Oh my freaky GOD, how the hell did you make something so intricate and beautiful?!?! And here I am still using the basic pattern to knit blankets...

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm behind on checking blogs. The shawl is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love that pattern. Beautiful, beautiful work. Wear it with pride :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home