Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Still here

Thank you so so much to all the people that have commented. I apparently convey a strength I don't possess. I was in a deep state of shock last week, which came to an abrupt end last night. I went with my Dad to a grief support group.....which was a disaster (and brought my anger front and center), and seeing my Mom's urn on the mantel for the first time smacked the shock out of me. But we have family coming in for the weekend and are planning a BBQ, so that will help.
I called my Mom's best friend, Linda, and she's coming over tomorrow to help me clean my house...that will make me feel a bit better, too.

My knitting has been waiting patiently for me, and I've been thinking more and more about it lately, so I'm pretty close to picking up the needles again. I can think more about it after getting. this. house. clean!

I hope to have more to say soon. It's just hard to come up with posts right now that aren't complete downers for you to read....

4 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Cleaning house always makes me feel better. Until the one husband, two kids and/or three cats mess it all up again :)

Enjoy your week-end!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm still in a daze from my Mumma passing away, too. Out of the blue it just hits me that she's gone and it almost takes my breath away. It just doesn't seem possible.

I know what you're going through, Lori. Your heart must ache like mine does. People assure me that it will get better over time, but that doesn't help NOW, does it?

How strange - MY Mom's best friend is named Linda, too. My sister and I are going to get together with her next week.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know that our Mom's are watching over each of us.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Sayward said...

Take it day by day. You sound like you have a lot of support around you. I'm still trying to send positive energy.

So strange, MY mom's best friend's name is Linda too.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger head of the table said...

Powerful stuff, loss. It will make you strong in ways you can't forsee. Until then, feel free to cry when ever you need, people will understand. If they don't, you will know to get them out of your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home