Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bitch. Whine. Repeat.

Why do colors not like me? When I'm in a yarn store, certain colors jump out at me, begging me to take them home to use in my next project, but as soon as I start the project....they revolt. "Haha!", they say, "You thought we would look good together! We showed you!"
Needless to say, the baby set isn't going well. I ordered the exact colors from the pattern today from Patternworks, and I see I get to go up a needle size too. Hopefully I won't have the cramps in my hands then (size 0 and 2 DPNs are a pain to hold on to, especially when you're learning fair isle as you go). So now I need an in-between project; something to start while I'm waiting for the new! improved! yarn to show up in the mail; something I can throw aside for a few months while I get the baby 'fit done. I am thinking of starting a shawl (which will help get my hands warmed up to the teeny needles) since I have a cone of laceweight I bought at Stitches Midwest. Do you think it was easy to find a pattern?? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. But I did settle on one, "Azalea" from The First Book of Modern Lace Knitting. Hopefully it won't fight me too much!

I think I need to just crawl back in bed for the rest of the day. Maybe the rest of the week. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home