Monday, August 14, 2006

First of all, I have decided to eliminate the comments link on my postings. It's too depressing to see each posting with "0 Comments", and I know I'm doing this for me and not for the comments, but it's depressing just the same. So if you'd like to comment on something, a link to my email is now in my profile.

Well, this weekend was Stitches Midwest, and of course I had to go! Saturday was a beautiful day for the almost two-hour drive, and my friend Becky and I had a blast. I got some yarn:

"Licorice Twist" from The Village Spinning and Weaving; I also got some tan laceweight yarn (no photo) from the WEBS booth--a whole cone for $22.50!

I got the new Sally Melville book, "The Knitting Experience: Color" signed by the author:

Sally is so nice! When I went up to get her autograph, she had just gotten there a few minutes before and was unpacking her knitting. I handed her my book, and she jokingly said, "You're not going to let me get any knitting done, are you?!" The only other things I bought was a shawl pattern and a sling-type bag from the Knitter's magazine booth (that's embroidered with "Knitter's. We're everywhere"). At the fashion show, they showed some of the shawls from the upcoming book "Victorian Lace Today", and I was drooling over them! I can't wait for the book to come out in November.

Here is the completed front of the Boobalicious Tank:


And here it is being used as a pillow by the princess:


Last Tuesday was my birthday, and here are the beautiful flowers I received from my aunt and uncle:


My Dad gave me these lace knitting books (in addition to a few other things):

Yay Dad! He buys me knitting stuff!

This is the baby outfit I decided to make for my client-friend. There are yarn samples attached to the upper right (next to the hat) which are purple, white, and dark grey:


And here is my finished tattoo. I love it!!:

I may be adding on to this tattoo in the near future. You'll see why later this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home