Thursday, May 25, 2006

No knitting, but....

I went to the Same Day Clinic today and had my rash looked at, and the NP's diagnosis? "Um, I'm not exactly sure at this point what it is, but it looks to be a reaction to a medication". Thanks. I can see why they're paying you the big bucks. He told me it was good I went off the BC pills, and to watch the rash for another week or so and if it doesn't go away by then to come back in. Eh.
But the nurse that took my info beforehand was so!nice! I was explaining to her that the rash may be stress-related, and said how I was diagnosed with Grave's at the end of last year, blahblahblah. When she went to take my blood pressure, she saw my tattoo and said, "How pretty! Who is it in tribute to?" And I told her it was my Mom, who died a few months ago. She finished my BP reading, wrote some more stuff down, and asked me, "Do you swear?"
?????? I said, "Excuse me??"
"Do you swear?" Yes, I replied. "You've had one hell of a year, haven't you?" she asked. I had a good laugh. I said yeah, I have. When she got up to leave, she said she hoped the rest of my year went better for me. What an awesome caregiver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home