Thursday, April 20, 2006

Yes, there is knitting

Tuesday night was Stitch-In, and I started the Magickal Earth shawl for lack of anything else to work on. Big mistake. I haven't knitted since Mom's death, and starting a shawl knit on size 1 needles wasn't a good idea, so that's going back in the "To Do" pile for now. I went to Rockford yesterday with my Grandma, and picked up a copy of "Scarf Style" and some skeins of Noro Kureyon (color 159--blue/purple/green/rose) to make the Lady Eleanor stole. I only got the foundation row of triangles done, so I won't bore you with photos yet.
Yesterday was my parents' 26th anniversary, so I went to my Dad's and cooked him dinner. After dinner he asked me if I thought Mom was looking down at us, and I said no. He gave me a funny look, and I continued. I said that she's here. I can feel her around me. Mostly at their house, but I said sometimes when I'm home and upset, I can feel her there with me. He gave a weak smile and said he wished he could feel her. I think he will in time. He's never believed in life after death or anything along those lines, but I think he's re-evaluating his beliefs now. He wants to think Mom's more than a memory.
Sir B asked me this morning what I was going to do today. I told him I'd probably mope around the house, maybe knit a bit (I only had one appointment at 5:00 today). He asked me, "...do you think you could mope me some cookies?" :) So I did. His favorite kind, of course--oatmeal chocolate chip.

2 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Liz said...

mmm...Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Send some my way!

Hugs

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're not moping too much. My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. I cannot even imagine what you're going through.

I do know, though, that baking always soothes my soul. Good idea baking cookies :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home