Thursday, April 27, 2006

My friend Linda and I went to Madison yesterday for some much-needed yarn shopping...the only bad thing was it was the first time I've been back to Madison since my Mom died. We went to Lakeside Fibers and Stitcher's Crossing, then to Uno's for lunch. I bought six skeins of Cascade Quatro to re-do the stole I started (Lady Eleanor), because the Noro is just too dark and wintry and depressing now with the beautiful weather upon us. So I got lime green, baby blue, and a lilac-purple I'll alternate throughout the stole. Can't wait to start it! I ripped the "old" stole and am making a Booga bag instead, and am doubling the instructions so I can use it as a second knitting bag.
And today I went to lunch with my friend Catherine, which was fun. I look forward to going out now, and thinking about other things--happy things. Even though I miss my Mom like crazy. I start counseling next week, which I'm really looking forward to. It seems kind of weird to pay someone to listen to me talk, but she'll be able to help me when friends can only listen and pretend to understand what I'm going through. Anyways....
Have a good day everyone! I'm going out and enjoying the weather!

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Mmmmm...I never thought about using Quatro for Lady Elanor. I'll have to remember that.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Oooo, the Quatro sounds gorgeous -- post a pic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home