Monday, September 11, 2006

Boobalicious Tank is finished!


(click for larger image)
Know how people always look at supermodels and say, "That woman needs a sandwich?"
They'd never say that about me.
But it is a pretty good self-photo of me, if I do say so myself.
Oh yeah, and the tank looks goo-ood too! I had to shorten the armholes a bit (about three inches), but that's where a crochet seam comes in real handy.


(click for larger image)
The back. Notice I cut off the butt view.... no one needs to see that, thankyouverymuch! I think it comes up weird at the bottom, but it may block out. I wish it draped as nicely in the back as it does in the front.

Specs:
Boobalicious Tank top from Big Girl Knits, 49" bust (2X size)
KnitPicks Shine Sport yarn in Hydrangea colorway, approx. 10 skeins
Started: 7/3/06
Completed: 9/10/06

Oops!:
When making the pattern, instead of repeating 4 rows in the pattern 12 times more (right before Panel Shaping Part 1), I repeated 6 rows in the pattern 12 times more, including in the instructions for the first right side and wrong side rows (which gave me two extra "pattern as set" rows in between decreases). It worked out great, as you can see. If I hadn't done it, the tank would've been too short and I would've thrown it in the frog pond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home