Friday, January 04, 2008

We got a kitten!





We named her Layla; she's a six month old black calico from the local humane society. When she is picked up, she snuggles and purrs, wanting lots and lots of petting and attention! Taffy is letting her be, but Lexi is still growling and hissing at Layla...I think that's going to go on for another week, at least. Poor Lexi is feeling very threatened by another cat in the house.

We have a water dish for the cats that bubbles, and it took Layla a day to figure that one out. She just kept going up to it to watch the bubbles, sometimes trying to hit at them. I think she finally spied the other two drinking from it and understood, although after she drinks, she still tries to play with the bubbles! She is also fascinated by the computer, and when I had her in my lap and was typing an email, she kept trying to get up on the keyboard and walk all over it. Apparently she has lots to say, but all she got out in the email was EWWWWWWWWQW.

For New Year's Eve, Sir B and I made king crab legs, which Taffy and Lexi both LOVE as much as we do!

Yummy crab


Look at the size of this claw!


Crab-eatin' cats!

...all this excitement, and I finally got my pearl ring yesterday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home